About the Society
We are a society and charity, registered No. 1149613, of about 400
members whose interests cover all aspects of the Midland
Railway. Members receive a high quality Journal three
times a year and a newsletter four times a year. There are
events throughout the year where members can socialize and
learn more about the Midland Railway. We also help run the Midland
Railway Study Centre and publish books and pamphlets on historical
aspects of the Midland
Railway. Our constitution is available on this web
The management of the Society is in the hands of an
Executive Committee as laid down by the constitution.
Aims of the Society
- Bring together those interested in the Midland Railway; including its predecessors, successors, joint lines and working arrangements.
- Disseminate information via a selection of publications.
Benefits to members
- A Journal published three times per annum, supplemented with a members Newsletter.
- Society publications relating to all aspects of the company’s operations, these being the culmination of members researches.
- Visits to locations of interest, less formal meetings and participation in selected exhibitions.
- Presidential address given at one of our more formal meetings.
Becoming a member